26 November 2008

So busy ... doing absolutely nothing

Last Friday, I packed my backpack and a cardboard box full of virtuous things like my Latin textbook, my organ music, and a pair of woollen socks. I'd marked the next week's readings in my SEAL (Survey of English & American Lit) textbook, stapled and torn out the next section of Latin homework, and utterly forgotten how much work I usually do during vacations.
Would you like to guess how much of that I've worked on?
Yep. Absolutely none. To justify my actions, I'd like to explain that I've been very busy trying to win at two-suit spider solitaire, shopping for school clothes, and experimenting with the settings on the keyboard my mum's borrowed to use for this year's Messiah.
Organ practise so far this week: 0 hours.
But that's okay, because I'm only fifteen minutes behind where I should be right now. Technically speaking, I don't have to do the weekly 5 hours during Thanksgiving Break, since the quarter is ten weeks long and I only have to practise 45 hours per quarter to receive a maximum grade of A.
Right now it's rather chilly - and not dry and chilly like it is at college; no, it's extremely damp here. I have realised how fortunate I am at school: my box of cornflakes has been open to the elements for several weeks now, and they're still not stale. Here, a box of anything open to the elements goes stale in a matter of seconds, but I digress. I miss my little dorm room with the broken heater, cold lino floor, and scenic view of the interior of a pine tree. I miss seeing my friends on the way to class, practising a real organ in a really acoustically beautiful place, having to decide what I want for supper, and having a nice warm study room in which to work, but now I really digress, otherwise I'm going to start dripping saline on the keyboard.

Have a happy Thanksgiving, all you nonexistent readers.

L'chaim,

~`Cello Girl

4 comments:

Cello Girl said...

"What are you talking about? You are ElastiGirl! Pull yourself together! ... Go! Confront the problem! Fight. Win! And call me when you get back, dahling. I enjoy our visits." (Edna)
Good grief, Cello Girl. Why d'you think it's called "Thanksgiving"?

Cello Girl said...

Okay okay.
Ten Things I'm Thankful For This Thanksgiving:
1. Woollen socks, which totally rock.
2. Latin class, which totally rocks.
3. Organ lessons, which totally rock.
4.

Cello Girl said...

Are you being sarcastic?

Cello Girl said...

Me? Sarcastic?
4. Plenty of books.
5. My birthday is this Sabbath,
6. and I get to spend it at home.
7. I actually enjoyed shopping yesterday.
8. The big Beowulf paper is done.
9. P.D.Q. Bach is amazing!
10. I actually caved in to peer pressure and got a MySpace page, which now has a grand total of two (2) friends, one of whom is that Tom person who joins automatically, but oh well.