01 March 2009

Three months later ...

Well, folks, I've got good news and bad news.

Good news: My readership has doubled. (1 x 2 = 2)

Bad news: I don't have a whole lot to say.

Good news: The passive periphrastic (a fascinating Latin construction) isn't giving me too much trouble.

Bad news: That was my one piece of interesting news.

Good news: I thought of something else.

Bad news: Shoot ... what was it?

...

Good news: Okay okay, I remembered. This weekend has been amazing. We had another "Three Cups of Tea" meeting on Friday night, complete with homemade Pakistani food (chapattis, basmati rice, dal, fruit soup, yoghurt sauce, and chopped vegetables) and cinnamon rolls (I must confess that I ate two before it was time to leave for Vespers). Then the orchestra played for church on Sabbath morning, and, as my stand partner would say, I think we faked it better than usual. (Plus, we swapped bows.) Then I was invited to her almost-grandma's house for lunch, where we ate casserole, did a puzzle, walked around the neighbourhood, saw the new puppy, and left in time for supper and Young Artists' Night. (One of the featured pieces was "Arm, Arm, Ye Brave," an aria from Handel's Judas Maccabeus. It's a peaceful little song, with just one baritone and one pianist. I was especially struck by the irony of such a peaceful medium describing such a horrific situation.) Today I'll be heading to a senior piano recital and the next Malawi Project fundraiser (contra dancing, chili & cheesecake cook-off, and silent auction). I planned on donating something for the silent auction, but the date snuck up on me, so here I am, donation-less but for the $6 in hosting money that I put in the collection jar last night. Oh yes, and I'll also be studying. I only have one paper due this week (!!!!), and that collection project for Honours College Writing I looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

Anyhow, I'd best let you get back to your studying or room-cleaning or staple-shooting or whatever you're doing, but happy Sunday and merry pre-Dead Week!

L'chaim,

~`Cello Girl

2 comments:

Robyn said...

:D As your stand partner, 2nd reader, and a non-English major, I'm happy to announce that I found a typo in your blog. But I refuse to ruin your fun by telling you where it's at! Hehe. See you at orchestra in just a little while!

Robyn said...

So. You are sitting right across from me right now, but I thought I'd leave you a comment here instead. Staples? Why do you have a tag called staples? That's very random :)