27 October 2008

Last Sunday night was the Barn Party.



(dramatic pause)



I wanted to go as string theory, but after testing that idea on several people (all of whom wrinkled their noses and said, "String what?"), I was persuaded to ditch that idea, buy a $2 pleated wool skirt from Goodwill, don argyle kneesocks, and go as a British schoolgirl. (Many thanks to the guy who loaned me a maroon tie. I don't remember your name.)



For what it's worth, I also thought about dressing up as a Freudian slip, but as only one person in the impromptu poll actually knew what a Freudian slip was, that idea was also discarded. (Plus, it would have involved finding and wearing a false beard. No, thank you.)

Now it's the end of another week, and I've had a minor breakdown over my organ practise log, taken a Survey of English & American Lit (SEAL) midterm that was disappointingly small (I almost said, "That's it?" when the teacher handed it to me, but quickly realised that teachers dream of such opportunities), and arrived in Latin class to find chipotle soup and bread waiting for me. Oh yes, and I'm also getting sick, so I've been stuffing myself with vitamin C, drinking water like it's, well, water, and packing Kleenex into my bookbag every morning.

What I'm thankful for right now:
  1. Clean water
  2. Chewable vitamin C that tasted good (vitamin D tastes like you're chewing on drywall)
  3. My eye infection is almost gone
  4. It's Friday! Oh my word! It's Friday!
  5. Odwalla C Monsters
  6. The local grocery store has small packets of brownie mix for only 99 cents. (Fact: Chocolate boosts your immune system.)
  7. Warm, dry dorm room
  8. I've made a good start on my two Western Thought midterm papers (topics received Wednesday, papers due Monday)
  9. My laundry detergent - it makes the clothes smell really nice ...
  10. Cornflakes and soy milk
  11. Vespers - it's such a great start to a happy, peaceful Sabbath
  12. I now know how to replace a cello string.
  13. Giotto behaved himself yesterday (his tuning pegs have been very loose lately)
  14. We have new orchestra music that is AMAZING!!
  15. I finally picked up my work keys.
  16. My wonderful, happy, encouraging friends

Have a restful weekend!

~`~`Cello Girl

No comments: