24 August 2008

Umbrella, anyone?

It's been another tremendously exciting day at home, complete with a typical local August (rain, drizzle, and assorted showers). I'm rather bewildered by it, seeing as how I now go around swathed in woollen clothing, whereas just a week ago I was in a climate so warm that it was commonplace for chocolate biscuits to melt together, thus forcing one to (sigh) eat them three at a time. (C'est la vie.) Three days ago, my biggest decision in the morning was what flavour of herbal tea to make for elevenses; now I'm shopping online for a computer and wishing desperately that someone would write an Idiot's Guide to Computer Buying -- what on earth is a 3-port FireWire laptop adapter?

However, seeing as how students at my old high school began classes again last week, I might as well count myself fortunate in having another month of freedom. In just over a week, our family leaves to spend a week in the Boston-Plymouth-Concord area (Walden Pond! YESSSS!!!), and then a week later we pack up two Hondas and head for University Beta (if not all is clear, see "It's Either a Backpack or a Vacuum Cleaner"). Speaking of college, don't forget to vote in this month's poll, "Which plant(s) should I take with me to college?" Since only fish are allowed in the dorms, I told my family about the hairy fish, eight-legged fish, and hissing fish that are apparently rampant in the dorms of University Alpha. My dad said he'd get me a pet sweet onion. I haven't asked my roommate how she feels about that. (Would it shed?)

Just don't ask me how I ended up on what is reputed to be the noisiest floor in the dorm.

Keep the faith!

~`~`Cello Girl
("Vr;;p Hot;" if you use the keys immediately to the right; "D3oo9 T84o" if you use the keys diagonally above and to the left)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

HEY!!!!! I haven't seen you in for ever and don't worry about feeling guilty about the whole not reading my blog for a long time. Because I have a bit of a confession to make too...I haven't really read your blog recently either and so I'm only nowish rediscovered the joy of blogging and all that comes with it (i.e. reading "The Adventures of Cello Girl"). So anyhow yeah life in the redneck south as Sven has so lovingly dubbed it is not too bad. I've made new friends and am learning how to swing dance, how cool is that?
I'm taking three art classes and two generals which comes out to be sixteen credit hours, go me!
Well hopefully everything works out for you and your roommate and what not. I finally met mine last thursday but she's been with her parents the entire weekend so I haven't really gotten to know her but she's nice.
Laters