20 January 2008

More Tales of GERD

Having finally convinced most of my class that GERD is indeed a real condition (I admit, it does sound like something I'd make up, kind of like the time I told my friend Seven that her CD player would charge up if she plugged it into her bellybutton), I skipped school on Friday to have an EGD done.

Quick pop quiz:
1. EGD stands for:
a) economic goat domestication
b) enormously gross dissection
c) esophagogastroduodenoscopy

Okay, so that was a bit obvious. Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Anyhow, I had a great time. It doesn't rank with catching a few rays at Bondi, but it's definitely not as bad as going to the dentist. There was a bit of consternation on my part when the nurse greeted me with, "Hi, you're here for a colonoscopy, right?", but apart from that, it went well. Turns out I have a couple of stress-related ulcers, but they're still small. In return, I ate a lot of instant pudding, watched The Incredibles three times within seventy-two hours, and got a top-quality (albeit very expensive) nap. All in all, a good experience. I highly recommend the hospital here in town. They are highly skilled and extremely conscientious.
Makes you wonder ... they have restaurant critics, music critics, and film critics. Who critiques the hospitals?

1 comment:

Cello Girl said...

YOU do, 'Cello Girl! Yay! Rah, rah!
That reminds me ... 23 down, 8 letters, starts with L, clue: "crazy person". Any ideas?