25 September 2008

Boethius, Sophocles, & Robert Fagles

Yes, I'm at college, and yes, it's been a blast. My roommate and I have similar habits, I just spent $271.56 on books for two classes (which is far less than I was expecting), and I recently learned that I can take Latin I this quarter after all (although I had to drop Ice Skating I). God has been so good about giving me the enthusiasm I need to step out of my comfort zone and meet several dozen new people. Of course, as in all things, choices must be made. This is the one I faced last night.

1. Attend the '80s party thrown by the Student Association, catch up with old friends, and get free pizza.

- OR -

2. Install virus protection on my computer, read an extra chapter of Isaiah, and go to bed early.

Predictably, I chose Door #3. I guess I felt like I had to make up for camp, during which I did not attend a single staff party, so I was at the party until 7.15 p.m., and then I went to bed. Wild and crazy of me, I know.

Well, I should go see what's for supper.

~`~`Cello Girl

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh so wild and crazy in deed. So you're liking college? It's good to hear that you and your roommate get along, why in the wold did you drop ice skating?? I don't understand. Well here things are going good, Sven is coming in a little less than two weeks and I'm more than caught up with homework for this weekend! I'm seriously not going to know what to do with myself. You should definitely look at my pictures, they are quit amusing if I don't say so myself
Anyhow have fun with the weekend and your first day of classes, coming up next week if I remember correctly.
Seven