31 December 2009

It's Not a Fork in the Road; It's More Like a Cul-de-Sac

This quarter's progress, in sum:

  • I've turned in the first part of my paperwork for being an SM, have rounded up seven references, and will start fundraising soon.
  • I had surgery again last week, with the following results: pH, normal; gastrin, normal; reflux, nonexistent.
  • "Well, great," I hear you saying. "That means you're well! Hallelujah! Now you can go teach English to the Tuvans!" Well, no. I'm still having symptoms; I just have no explanation for them now.
  • But I do have a bit of a handle on an SM job. I've found a school that seems to be a good experience for most of the SMs who go there, and it's in a location that I unfortunately can't disclose but would be very, very fun to experience. Nothing's final yet, of course.
  • Classes start on Monday!!!!!!!
  • Also we'll be having auditions again in Orchestra this quarter, so I'm hyperventilating a bit about where I might end up in my section. Not enough to actually practise for the event, but still, it's a concern.

Anyhow, that's about it for 2009. 'Twas a scintillating and sidesplitting review, I know, but see you in 2010.

L'chaim,

~Cello Girl

No comments: